Re: Pinnacle PCTV Sat HDTV Pro USB (PCTV452e)

> > but I think the older driver could be better at the moment as with the newer
> driver the device doesn't appear to initialize for the stb0899
> hmm, i have checked both and they don't differ.

there seems to be some more checks in the newer driver to make sure the device is in the right state
also looking at one of the newer budget devices that's using it, there seems to be a whole bunch of defines added into the config structure
I'm not sure if these are being used just yet (or if so what for)
but I'm keeping my options open by trying things against both for now just to be sure

> you are "initialising" STB0899_DISFIFO in line 51 with 0x00.
> this byte will be sent out after frontend_init() on the first diseqc command.

sorry about that
the win driver appears to fill in a default set of values when the device is plugged in
this is what I've used in the data structure
although if the stb driver doesn't change these again afterwards in the same way the win driver does, then this won't work right
I'll need to take a closer look at the values that are being set after the initial plugin of the device
looking at the logs for this one, it seems to be going mostly from 00 to e2, with 10, 38, f0 near the end of the log

> > although I've noticed the LED is staying at orange when it should be going
> > green in both cases, which suggests the GPIO register isn't being set when it should
> right, the stb0899 driver has no gpio set/unset API call so i left this out.

the problem is, if I've done an identical mirror of the initial values used in windows (just when the device is plugged in via USB)
then in theory the LED should be changing colour orange -> Green, as one of those registers should be the GPIO pin to control it
when stb0899 does the attachment and copies the data structures across to the device the same thing should happen
ether I've made a mistake in the values somewhere, or something about the registers isn't being set right which would be a bigger problem