Re: Pinnacle PCTV Sat HDTV Pro USB (PCTV452e)

> Are you sure you have changed line 405 in pctv452e.c from
>         { STB0899_I2CRPT        , 0x5e }, // 0x2c
>         { STB0899_I2CRPT        , 0x58 },
> as register 0xf12a is STB0899_I2CRPT and 0x5c should not appear there.
? (this is not included in my posted patch)
?
?
? Dominik

The windows driver seems to set the initial value to 5c when dumping all registers across initially (on device plug in)
it then seems to change things later on for tuning purposes
since I'd done an identical copy from the usbsnoop log this is how it ended up here

from grepping the log through the perl script
it seems to alternate back and forth from 5c to dc then back again
I've tried setting it to all 3 values and the results are the same (there doesn't seem to be any difference at this point)

I think the stb6100 / lnbp 22 is doing it's job correctly
i.e. when correct tuning parms are given the power stays on (looking at the sat meter)
result is "status 00 | signal 0000 | snr 0004 | ber 00000000 | unc fffffffe |"
with incorrect tuning parameters the power comes on briefly then goes off again, then repeats as szap tries to tune

what's bugging me at the moment is if the loading of the initial set of values is identical to the win driver
this should set the LED from Orange to Green in the same way when the device is plugged in under win
but this isn't happening, which makes me think some of the registers aren't being set right for the stb0899
this has been true for every combination of driver / tree I've tried so far

still with the newer stb driver it did mention "ANALOGUE CARRIER" in the dmesg output
so I think we're getting closer

On another note
I've been using both the old and the new stb tree's
I've noticed by uncommenting the following lines in pctv452e_frontend_attach
I'm no longer getting "Unlocked PLL" messages from the new stb0899 driver and it is now attaching which is good

if (usb_set_interface(adap->dev->udev,0,3) < 0)
err("set interface to alts=3 failed");