Re: XC5000/XC3028 tuner dvb support?

Hi, Steve,

On 10/23/07, Steven Toth <stoth@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> Chaogui Zhang wrote:
> > Hi, everyone,
> >
> > I bought a Pinnacle PCTV HD 800i card recently and I am trying to add
> > support for the card. It has the following chips on board:
> >
> > 1. CX23883 (supported already)
> > 2. Samsung S5H1409 (supported already)
> > 3. Cirrus 5340 ADC (not seen on the I2C bus)
> > 4. ATMEL eeprom (forgot the part no., but probably not needed anyway)
> > 5. Xceive XC5000 or XC3028 tuner. (Not visible, mentioned in the windows
> >    driver inf file.)
> >

> Great! Take some decent PCB and silicon pictures and make them available
> via a website so we can all see the board. :)

Certainly, but I probably won't get a chance to do that until at least
this weekend.

> > Based on the windows driver information, is it safe to say that it may
> > contain the XC5000 hardware, but that is also backward-compatible with
> > XC3028?
> >

> No.
>
> The 5000 is not backwards compatible with the 3028, you need to find out
> which tuner the board has and deal with the lack of driver after that.
>
> - Steve

Thanks for the clarification. Any suggestions on how I can find that
out? Of course, without tearing the tuner apart :). Would i2cdump
output at 0x50 (eeprom) or 0x64 (presumably the tuner) be of any use
for identifying the tuner chip?

--
Chaogui Zhang