Re: Strage SkyStar HD modprobe

Am Samstag, den 20.10.2007, 00:11 +0200 schrieb Reinhard Nissl:
> Hi,
>
> Manu Abraham schrieb:
>
> > Can someone verify whether the STB6100 has component values as in
> > this image ? http://abraham.manu.googlepages.com/snapshot9.png
> > in the problematic case ?
>
> Am I right that these components are covered by the metal housing near
> the F connector, so it needs to be removed to have a look at them?

Reinhard, did not follow this closely, but if you need to remove that
shielding, likely the welding stuff used was prepared for higher
temperatures, than for the SMD components for sure close around it.

To avoid to get too high temperature, and likely other SMD stuff gets
unsoldered during that, I recommend to carefully fix the card and use
some also fixed mechanical toy to remove the shielding.

Cheers,
Hermann