Re: Technotrend DVB-T 1200 rev 1.2 does not tune/work

On Sun, 2007-10-14 at 18:53 +0200, Oliver Endriss wrote:
> Soeren Sonnenburg wrote:

> > > Please try it with windows. Then we will know whether it is ok or not.
> >
> > The problem is that I do not easily have access to a windows machine. Is
> > there anything I can do to test whether it is OK without windows?

> > I mean the problem is, that the frontend registers and loads the sp8870
> > firmware, but I have no idea whether that is the right one or not (it
> > does not want the grundig frontend however)...
>
> Afaik there are only those two frontends for DVB-T FF cards.

OK.

> > When I scan it does not find any channel and using a channel list
> > obtained via a budget tt card, it still does not want to tune to any
> > channel there...
> >
> > Any ideas? I mean not that because the card is considered dvb-s some
> > potentially wrong dvb-s settings are set somewhere?!
>
> Afaics you did everything which could be done.
> The frontend was detected. Basically the card should work.
> (I assume that there are no tuning-related error messages in the log.)

no, nothing.

> Next you have to find out whether the card is broken or not.
> >From your results I guess something is broken, but you can only be sure
> if you test it with the windows driver. (There is a small chance that it
> is a card variant which is not supported yet.)

OK, I convinced someone to try the card under windows and well scanning
worked, for all the expected channels and we could tune... So the card
works. And we used that old tt_Premium_217g.zip driver... so I guess it
should work with linux too...

However also under windows it said dvb-s although we could load the
driver.

Soeren.