Re: Important note to em28xx/xc3028 users

Aidan Thornton wrote:
> On 10/14/07, Richard (MQ) <osl@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

>> - I just went to get this code but of course hg fails:
>>
>>> $ hg clone http://mcentral.de/hg/~mrec/v4l-dvb-experimental/
>>> abort: 'http://mcentral.de/hg/~mrec/v4l-dvb-experimental/' does not appear to be an hg repository!
>> I will try again with your repository & hope it includes the A16D patch?
>
> Nope, sorry - my repository is only for em28xx-based devices, and the
> A16D is saa7135-based. I do have, however, a relatively recent copy of
> v4l-dvb-experimental, which you can download as a tarball from
> http://www.makomk.com/~aidan/v4l-dvb-experimental.tar.bz2 (I don't
> have the space to offer it unzipped). I think it may be a revision or
> two out of date, but the last log entry is:
>
> changeset:   5886:55d60e988b89
> tag:         tip
> user:        Markus Rechberger <mrechberger@xxxxxxxxx>
> date:        Fri Oct 12 01:03:30 2007 +0200
> summary:     Aver TV Hybrid A16D add DVB support (received from
> Miroslav Bobal bobal at mbfun dot net)
>
> which might be what you're looking for.

Yes, I am pretty sure it is what I need - many thanks. Have snaffled a
copy straight away...

I've added a note in the wiki for Avermedia A16D
http://mcentral.de/wiki/index.php/AVerMedia_AverTV_Hybrid_FM_PCI_A16D
warning about Markus' files no longer being available as per the link
there.

Are you able to put up a link to your snapshot? I appreciate there may
be copyright issues etc. but it would help a lot of people. I don't
think it appropriate for me to add your URL (above) to the wiki without
your agreement!

Thanks again
--
Cheers