Re: Important note to em28xx/xc3028 users

Aidan Thornton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Unfortunately, Markus has pulled offline all his repositories
> containing Linux drivers. (You can see
> http://kerneltrap.org/mailarchive/linux-kernel/2007/10/14/337446 for
> the reason). This mainly affects users of em28xx-based and
> xc3028-based devices. I suggest those of you with local copies make
> sure you keep them backed up; you may not be able to get another copy.

:-( missed the boat ...

> Users of em28xx-based devices can use my
> http://www.makomk.com/hg/v4l-dvb-makomk repository, which is still
> maintained and should remain so for as long as necessary. In theory,
> it should support all the em28xx-based devices that Markus'
> v4l-dvb-experimental driver does, but it hasn't been tested with
> anything other than the device I use (and one obscure device not
> supported by Markus' driver).

Please can someone with write access update the wiki, esp. at
http://mcentral.de/wiki/index.php/AVerMedia_AverTV_Hybrid_FM_PCI_A16D
- I just went to get this code but of course hg fails:

> $ hg clone http://mcentral.de/hg/~mrec/v4l-dvb-experimental/
> abort: 'http://mcentral.de/hg/~mrec/v4l-dvb-experimental/' does not appear to be an hg repository!

I will try again with your repository & hope it includes the A16D patch?

> Users of other devices supported by Markus' drivers are currently
> stuck. If this continues, I may see what I can do about it myself,
> though I can't promise anything. There may also be other developers
> who are willing to work on the code.

I wish my coding skills were up to it.
--
Cheers,