Common interface on Technotrend S-1500 broken in v4l-dvb?

Today I was testing some stuff and downloaded and installed the newest
v4l-dvb from hg. After a while I figured out that FTA channels on my TT
S-1500 still worked, but the CAM would not respond. I checked all
connections, re-inserted the CAM, reboot the computer but nothing would
help. My CI daughterboard version is 1.1 and I bought this S-1500 end of
august 2007. I use Ubuntu 7.04 with kernel 2.6.20-16-generic.

After installing a somewhat older version of v4l-dvb I luckily had left
on my harddisk, the common interface directly came back to life.

Maybe I just did something wrong somewhere, but would it be possible
some big change was made to the way the S-1500 handles the CI that could
have broken it?

P.