Re: UDP encapsulated MPEG{2,4} TS into dvbsnoop?

> The question is, still, how to play this.

I've no idea, especially if you want to do that on the fly. In that
case you'd probably need some kind of DVB APIs.

As for captures, a viable (if overly complex) way could be replaying
the captured traffic as if it was normal network traffic and use a
RTP-enabled software (VLC?) to decode it. Tools like rtpdump/rtpplay
(http://www.cs.columbia.edu/IRT/software/rtptools/) might be helpful
(or again, they might not). Have a look at http://www.ethereal.com/
lists/ethereal-users/200401/msg00264.html as well if you're interested.

Another idea is to simply dump the RTP payload to a file (I don't
known if wireshark does any tracking/reassembly for RTP, it can do
that for TCP stream though) and see anything useful can be done with it.

Sorry, I hope there are more experienced people on the list that can
help you better than me.

Regards,
Pierluigi