Re: DiB0700 device report

On 11/10/2007, at 8:12 PM, Laz wrote:
> Bizarrely, my system has been running with no problems for about a
> week
> without any problems at all! When I initially updated to the new
> modules
> and firmware, I had a couple of hard lockups in the first day or so.
> Since then, I have changed nothing...
>
> I have had my suspicions that this is a signal level issue, i.e. poor
> signal quality causes the lockups, but this is difficult to test!
>
> Maybe I'll start waggling the aerial lead to see if it kills it!

I'm not sure if it helps, but I was able to fix my problems by
rebooting the server each morning using a cron job (my server runs
24x7).  At first I got better results from unloading/reloading the
modules each morning, but then I still got errors a couple of days a
week.  Now, since rebooting each morning, I haven't had a problem since.

It's not ideal, but it's so refreshing to have a reliable MythTV
setup now!

Dan