DiB0700 firmware - next try

I'm still experiencing usb-disconnects with the new (1.10
firmware).   Nothing in dmesg to help other than the disconnect
statement (usb 4-3: USB disconnect, address 2).  Im using a via epia
pd1000 and have suffered similar problems with my freecom dvb stick
(which at least doesn't hang the usb bus when it eventually falls on
its face) Are there any known issues with epia hardware? and can
others confirm that this new firmware is definitely fixing their usb
disconnects? The stick is is a nova-t with dib0700 (can provide more
info from home usb id's etc)  I've tried disabling some devices in
bios to reduce demand on irqs, but so far it's been defeating me
(after many evening seemingly wasted :-/ )  Any advice greatfully
received and will happily provide any further details.

(I'm using hg-src from 10 days ago as I haven't noticed any other
driver changes in the summary since then, on an up to date feisty
insatll)

Thanks in advance

dh