Re: DiB0700 firmware - next try

>     I've only had a minor issue, though, during these days: my MythTV
> backend got locked 1 time while scanning for EIT data. Looking at
> /var/log/mythtv/mythbackend.log revealed that the backend got stopped
> after the line "[xxx] Now scanning for EIT data on multiplex for channel
> XXX". I don't know why. There was no errors on dmesg or
> /var/log/messagges, so I really don't know if I must blame the card or
> MythTV backend itself,  but simply restarting the backend solved the
issue.

Last night I had time to test the new (1.10) firmware more thoroughly with
my version 2 Nova-T Stick (dib7000P) and vdr box.
Good news first: no disconnects within the last 4 days, no i2c read/write
errors. But, channel switching is considerably slower than with 03-pre1
firmware, and - even worse - sometimes vdr hangs with black screen and
partially invalid lock flags after tuning. Fortunately there is no
firmware
crash, tuning to some other frequency immediately solves this issue.

>    Anyway, I must admit that the situation has improved a lot with this
> new firmware / drivers, so thank you very much to all of you involved in
> the project.

I also want to thank you for your effort to improve the firmware, but for
me the 03-pre1 firmware is better than the new 1.10 one. (1 disconnect
within 6 weeks, but fast and reliable zapping).

S:oren