Re: WideView WT-220U PenType Receiver (Typhoon/Freecom) won't tune

John Pilkington wrote:
 > I have just moved to a house served by the Waltham DVB-T transmitter
  > in the UK, and am able to tune all multiplexes except Mx_2 (BBC4,
   > CBeebies etc) on 570 MHz.

My apologies for a mistake here: I've just remembered that the Mx_2
problems were with the STB at my old address after the channel
allocations were updated.  That did turn out to be a signal strength
matter.  The multiplex from Waltham that is still giving trouble is
Mx_B, Channel 33, 570MHz.

 > I believe the signal strength is good,and my STB has no
 > problem.  I have a recent copy of a posted working dvbapps tuning
  > file, but even using this the Mythtv scan repeatedly fails to open
the > demultiplexer and then reports 'No tables found'.  The Windows
       > software and dvbapps itself also fails on this Mx.  I believe
that the > problem may be caused by exhaustion of the available PID
filters in   > the device (Mythtv ticket #1970).

 > Please can anyone suggest a way in which I might get the programmes
on > this multiplex?.  I didn't have this problem at my previous
location, > served by the Hastings transmitter, but I had not tried
retuning there > recently.