Re: [Em28xx] MPL-licensed V4L kernel modules (em2880)

Since this disscussion is public...
I'm going to put in my 2 cents.

If you actually read his posts - Like alot of end users are. Its the flames
and personal attacks that are coming from the group mentality here (im sure
theres a wiki that can explain that too)

So if we are talking about changes to the core and how v4l and dvb devices
will work under linux in the future. He/they with the best solution will win
via non-bias peer review and hopefully *beyond* the linuxtv project. So if
Markus persists enough (he seems the only one consistently reworking what he
has already done - but everyone seems to skim past that in his posts...) he
will succeed.

I admire anyone that makes an effort against the status quo that fails to move
anywhere really, and spends more effect resisting any kind of change than
actually doing anything or offering an alternative.

Just because he is outnumbered with support here means absolutely nothing.
May the best code win.

>Your attempts to force the merge with flames and ultimatums
>(yes, plural) failed. Surprise, surprise...

how soft do people get with their drivers that they see a patch submission -
as a flame? great fear patch bomb? it another year or so you might find that
no patch will save you at all..no..its called a re-write then.
The more you put it off, the worse its going to get.

Time will tell.
Trial and error is what its all about. remember .
So Just try it.
-Jules