Re: Dual tuner DVB-T

P. van Gaans wrote:

>> Hmm, well, iirc it was a 8mbit stream, but I'm not sure if I also tried
>> a 3mbit stream, but I bet that still wouldn't have worked reliably. Not
>> much difference anyway. Because no, not my switch, dvbstream needs
>> replacement. Multicast simply sucks, what you want are peer to peer
>> connections. My switch has no problems handling these at 100mbit. No
>> SoHo switch has. But multicast? There's a reason IPTV ISP's don't switch
>> you know.. For Multicast you should use satellites, DVB-T transmitters
>> or (coaxial) VHF/UHF cable infrastructures. Not UTP with SoHo switches!

So, well, your problem lies elsewhere. You probably have some slow (10baseT)
device connected (VoIP adapter, old DreamBox, network printer adapter,
whatever), or a wireless AP with enabled mcast routing.

I have no problem multicasting nearly complete TS over my small LAN, but only
after I moved my old VoIP phone to different subnet so mcast doesn't reach it.
And also after setting mcast_rate on my wifi AP to 54mbit (default is 1mbit as
wifi mcast has no MAC-level acknowledge channel available).

I'm also able to reliably mcast >10mbit into a busy large corporate LAN (thing
hundred of switches), but only after properly setting central switches to
support IGMP snooping, so the traffic doesn't reach older printers.

Nenik