Re: dib0700 problems (nova-T usb stick)

Stephen Rowles wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I've been trying this for a while, all the time assuming that my old
> kernel was causing the problems... but I've just upgraded to Fedora 7,
> giving me a shiney new 2.6.21 kernel and I'm still having problems.
>
> My device is the hauppauge nova-T usb stick:
>
> Bus 005 Device 002: ID 2040:7060 Hauppauge
>
> the stick identifies and loads fine: (dmesg output)
>
> dib0700: loaded with support for 2 different device-types
> dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T Stick' in warm state.
> dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
> demuxer.
> DVB: registering new adapter (Hauppauge Nova-T Stick).
> DVB: registering frontend 0 (DiBcom 7000PC)...
> MT2060: successfully identified (IF1 = 1220)
> dvb-usb: Hauppauge Nova-T Stick successfully initialized and connected.
> usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_dib0700
>
> I can view a single PID at a time using xine, and I can record using
> mplayer and the -dumpstream option. But when I try and do anything that
> views the whole TS, for example using DVBStreamer in conjunction with
> freevo. I still get the famous:
>
> mt2060 I2C read failed
>
> output in dmesg, and it fails to stream the TS.
>
> Looking at the front end status it never seems static, sometimes I get:
>
> Signal, Lock, Carrier, VITERBI, Sync,
>
> which all looks good. but other times I only get:
>
> Signal, Lock, Carrier, Sync
> or
> Carrier, VITERBI

As I can see the dib0700 USB bridge in this stick deactivates the
I2C controller during data streaming, so all I2C accesses to mt2060
(tuner) and dib7000pc (dvb-t demodulator) fail. Therefore you get
"I2C read fails" messages from mt2060 and uninitialized (random) data
for the frontend (dib7000pc) status.
Unfortunately there seems to be no independent I2C gate control call in
the dib0700 firmware...

S:oren