dib0700 problems (nova-T usb stick)

Hi,

I've been trying this for a while, all the time assuming that my old
kernel was causing the problems... but I've just upgraded to Fedora 7,
giving me a shiney new 2.6.21 kernel and I'm still having problems.

My device is the hauppauge nova-T usb stick:

Bus 005 Device 002: ID 2040:7060 Hauppauge

the stick identifies and loads fine: (dmesg output)

dib0700: loaded with support for 2 different device-types
dvb-usb: found a 'Hauppauge Nova-T Stick' in warm state.
dvb-usb: will pass the complete MPEG2 transport stream to the software
demuxer.
DVB: registering new adapter (Hauppauge Nova-T Stick).
DVB: registering frontend 0 (DiBcom 7000PC)...
MT2060: successfully identified (IF1 = 1220)
dvb-usb: Hauppauge Nova-T Stick successfully initialized and connected.
usbcore: registered new interface driver dvb_usb_dib0700

I can view a single PID at a time using xine, and I can record using
mplayer and the -dumpstream option. But when I try and do anything that
views the whole TS, for example using DVBStreamer in conjunction with
freevo. I still get the famous:

mt2060 I2C read failed

output in dmesg, and it fails to stream the TS.

Looking at the front end status it never seems static, sometimes I get:

Signal, Lock, Carrier, VITERBI, Sync,

which all looks good. but other times I only get:

Signal, Lock, Carrier, Sync
or
Carrier, VITERBI

Maybe xine and mplayer are ignoring the front end status output?

I don't really know what this stuff means, not a DVB expert, just hope
that this might help with debugging. I would really like to be able to
use this stick. Any updates on whats wrong? I am happy to obtain debug
info if told what I need to collect.

Cheers.

Steve