Re: au tuning files

On Wednesday 06 June 2007 02:56, Christoph Pfister wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Sonntag, 3. Juni 2007 10:56 schrieb Peter D.:

[snip]
> > http://www.dba.org.au/index.asp?sectionID=120
[snip]
> > 	receivers need to comply with Standards Australia standards AS 4933
> > 	and AS 4599, as well as DVB standards, that say a receiver needs to
> > 	identify and receive all COFDM modes, including hierarchical (see
> > 	below), and
[snip]
> > Looking through the au-* tuning files and the www.dba.org.au site there
> > are some things that are still a mystery to me.
[snip]
> > The www.dba.org.au site only lists a single FEC for each group of
> > channels, while the tuning files have a fec_hi and a fec_lo.  In many
> > files that is given as a fraction and a "NONE", sometimes as two
> > fractions, usually the same fraction - sometimes as different ones.
> >
> > Is the fec_low value used?  Only valid sometimes?  Should it be "AUTO",
> > "NONE", the same as fec_hi, or is it an independent variable?
>
> If no hierarchy is involved, it doesn't matter. Ideally it should be set
> to NONE in that case, but this doesn't happen very often.
[snip]

I suspect that not quite enough information is being published here.

Form the dba site, "a receiver needs to identify and receive all
COFDM modes, including hierarchical" suggests to me that they might
suddenly start using hierarchy, but have not decided yet what the
second FEC should be - so they are just ignoring it for the time being.

--
sig goes here...
Peter D.