Re: dtt200u crashing with smp

Sorry if I wasn't clear enough -- I'll try to be more precise here.

When I use an smp-enabled kernel, I can use kaffeine, mplayer, or
mythtv and they all receive and record just fine for 15-30 minutes.
After that the picture looks like the reception is terrible -- mostly
green, sometimes with pieces of image around the edges and a few small
squares of non-green (maybe signal, maybe noise, hard to tell) through
the middle. The audio is similarly messed up, and the EPG doesn't seem
to download correctly either. The changeover is sudden, but doesn't
seem to happen after a fixed amount of time -- it's usually about
15-30 minutes. If I record programs in this state the recording looks
exactly the same as the above description. If I play old files
everything is fine, it is only receiving that has problems. Restarting
the X server has no effect. Switching to another player has no effect.
The light on the usb stick stays solid green, ie receiving the signal
fine. It's not flashing as it does when reception is bad.

Scanning for channels works partially: it picks up one frequency with
4 channels, but none of the other frequencies that it found when in a
working state. It can still tune to the previously set channels, even
though it can't detect them, although of course the reception is
terrible.

Unplugging the device, unloading the module, replugging, and reloading
has no effect. Killing the X server and restarting has no effect --
after both those I still have exactly the same reception issue I
described above.

I took a shot of the contents of the movie via xine -- you can get it
from http://steelgarden.com/badreception.png
The shot was taken from a saved file that I replayed after rebooting
with an non-smp kernel.

I have also put my kernel .config file up at
http://steelgarden.com/.config in case there's something relevant in
there. Could it be a problem that I compiled the kernel with the dvb
drivers as module, and then replaced the .ko files? Should I recompile
with no hint of dvb in the kernel itself?

I hope this is specific enough. If there's any other information I can
provide please tell me.

Thanks for you patience,
Ben