Re: dtt200u crashing with smp

On 5/28/07, ben handley <ben@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> No, nothing at all was printed to dmesg at the moment the reception
> dropped (or in fact at all since I started receiving).

first of all it should not generate a kernel oops anymore with the
latest drivers.
Since it's a usb device, simply replugging it should bring the device
back to its initial state, if you still get a garbled videooutput your
XServer/graphic card driver might have a problem, in that case you
might try to record a video - reboot and try to watch that video
(before rebooting if you see some garbled image also try to make a
screenshot/photo).
Does scanning for DVB-T channels still work when the video is gone?

You should try to post as much information as possible, currently the
only information I got out of all mails is "crashing with smp" and
nothing else that might give a hint what happened.

cheers,
Markus