Re: Incorrect tuning parameters for Perth Western Australia

On Friday 18 May 2007 14:20, Peter D. wrote:
> On Monday 14 May 2007 19:50, Jim Barber wrote:

[snip]
> > It's a request to fix an incorrect setting in the configuration file
> > supplied for the scan utility of the dvb-utils software, the the
> > au-Perth region.
[snip]
> I'm not brave enough to submit changes for other cities even bases on
> data from an official web site.  Maybe we should?  There are other
> Australian cities.
[snip]
> > Finally I stumbled across the correct settings on the Digital
> > Broadcasting Australia's website at the following link:
> >
> > 	http://www.dba.org.au/index.asp?sectionID=120
> >
> > The problem is that everywhere, the guard interval for channel 7 has
> > been reported as being 1/8. This is incorrect. It is actually 1/16. It
> > was enough to stop me from being able to tune to it, even when doing
> > auto scans. I was just about to return the DVB-T capture card as faulty
> > because of this setting reported incorrectly everywhere.
[snip]

Cristoph,

Do you want to risk taking data from what seems to be an official web
site without being able to test it?

The web site claims to have been updated this year.

Jim has reported a change for Perth and I have recently reported a
change for Melbourne, so we are probably on the right track.  ;-)

--
sig goes here...
Peter D.