Re: Technisat ModiTel 1 (balutv)

Am Mittwoch, 9. Mai 2007 00:14 schrieb Juergen Urban:
> Hello,
>
> the last information about balutv I found was here
> http://www.linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2006-August/012159.html. I want
> to know if there is some progress. Is a working driver for balutv
> available. Can I get the latest version of the driver and the hardware
> documentation somewhere?
>
> Best regards
> Juergen

Hello,

I decided to send my card back to the retailer. The tuner is too weak to
receive anything with the delivered antenna, even when you can see the
broadcast station. You need a very big antenna, a smb adapter and a RF
amplifier to use this card. I believe nobody wants to carry a roof antenna
when transporting a notebook.
Did somebody knows if the card "SATELCO EasyWatch MobilSet" really works with
37 dB? It uses the same tuner as the ModiTel 1 and this card requires 75 dB.
Normally the tuner is responsible for receive quality.

Best regards
Juergen