Re: [Patch TT-Budget S-1401 (TDA10086/TDA8262)]

Oliver Endriss wrote:
Oliver Endriss wrote:
Helmut Auer wrote:
Helmut Auer schrieb:
With this patch my TTs1401 works much better than without.
The BER's are gon and I can receive all channels fine
AFAICS the latest patch was posted in message
http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2007-January/015251.html

After reading all messages in this thread it is not clear to me
whether the patch improves things or not.

http://linuxtv.org/pipermail/linux-dvb/2007-January/015360.html
indicates a problem with some transponders.

Unfortunately I neither have the datasheets nor the hardware to play
with. I can't tell whether it makes sense or not.

Furthermore the patch might also break an USB device which uses the
same tuner (dvb-usb driver - Pinnacle 400e DVB-S)...
We need more testing!

With Helmut's help I've prepared a new patch which solved all
tuning problems for him.

Basically the same as the previous patch, except for:
- TDA8262: set baseband gain to 9db (maximum value)
- TDA10086: toggle register 0x02 between 0x35 (tuning) and 0x00 (locked)
- STR and SNR values are inverted now.

Helmut already confirmed that it works for him.

@all TT-budget S-1401 & Pinnacle 400e DVB-S users:
Please test the attached patch.

If nobody objects I'll commit this patch on Thursday.

Oliver
Initial testing on 2.6.21.1 seems to show improved behaviour. Will leave this in and see how it behaves over the coming days. seems, as is still seem to have some tuning problems. Those may point to a need to re-scan the satellites though.

The diseqc patch which went in independently has made this testing possible.

Cheers,

Rudy