Re: Re: [RFC/PATCHES] xc3028 hybrid tuner, em28xx/em2880-dvb, saa7134, cx88

On 5/17/07, Johannes Stezenbach <js@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Thu, May 17, 2007, Markus Rechberger wrote:

> I will not go back anymore, instead a fork off seems to be a good
> solution if the linuxtv project wants to stay stuck where it is at the
> moment it should do so.

Yep, we all know by know the linux-dvb crowd is not an easy one.

So what? If your goal is to get your drivers merged, it
seems the _fastest_ way is to take the detour,
even if it means additional work for you.

Ok, so it only keeps one possibility open to start another official
linuxtv project.

The current approach is quite mature already, the other approaches are
incomplete or will just kick everything back where it was already a
long time ago.

I redid the code 3 times already so I don't see another option, this
all seems very rude to me since there hasn't been any review on the
code either.

Any last comments on all that?

Markus

Sorry if that is a bitter pill to swallow, but I
see little other chances to get going forward.

Johannes

--
Markus Rechberger