Re: Enough of this already (was: Re: DST/BT878 module customization (.. was: Critical points about ...))

retard, this is exactly the kind of response he didnt want, lol.

And that is the kind of responses that keep those comments reoccurring.

I do agree with him though. I have too seen what seems to me to be
person related issues rather than driver related issues. I do of
course have my own opinions on the regulars here, and I can see that
some parts of the development could be causing frustration.
What I am missing here, is a  project manager. I believe that the dvb
effort here needs one, and I cannot say that I have noticed anyone
taking charge. I am not thinking of someone setting deadlines and
such, just someone that could oversee the different development
branches taking place, make sure that the wheel is not invented twice,
and make decisions whenever everyone seems to be disagreeing.

Problem is, the person must have good people skills, good management
skills, and be respected by all the people developing drivers. Could
be hard to get hold of one of those, especially the part about
respected. The person will also have to be willing and wanting to do
the job. I guess that "open souce project manager in my spare time"
could look good on anyones resymé though, so theres a little carrot.

I have no suggestion for a person to do this, and I don't even know if
anyone here doing the actual coding is interested in having a project
manager. I do believe it would improve the efficiency and quality
though.

-Morgan-