Enough of this already (was: Re: DST/BT878 module customization (.. was: Critical points about ...))

Uwe Bugla wrote:
Without any politeness

You could say that twice..

First of all: I am a regular user. I'm not involved with the linux-dvb project in any way except that I use the code and try to contribute whenever I can. I've been a member of the linux-dvb list since mid November 2006. During this time I've observed the following:

* You have contributed nothing but whining, bitching and cursing whenever you didn't get your way

* Manu is a good coder, but has no people skills and tends to hold a grudge

* The same goes for a good number of other key linux-dvb people

* There are huge language barriers. Reading the list and understanding what each person is trying to say whilst seeing their respective points whistling past the other's head at supersonic speeds makes me cringe.

As a user, I really don't care what people do and how they get things done, but I _do_ care about things getting done. As it is, the linux-dvb layer is held back by this pointless bickering that many of you take part in.

There are more separate repositories than I can count, noone can agree on a common way to proceed and lately it seems lots of work is duplicated because noone really knows what anyone else is working on.

I'm not interested in what's been happening. I'm interested in what could and should be happening, which is the development of the linux-dvb layer into something _really_ great.

Just my $0.02. Flame on (but preferably in private mail, the list has had enough of that lately).

/fnord