Re: Problem with TT C1500

Quoting Morgan Tørvolt <morgan.torvolt@xxxxxxxxx>:

Thanks again for leading me towards an explanation.

Hi. I have a suggestion to possibly help the noise problem.

First, try differene resolutions on your monitor. It should not make a
big difference, but if it does, changing the VGA/DVI cable to DVI/VGA
or to a different of the same type could help out a bit.

I need to run at 1920x1080_50Hz on the DVI (to HDMI) to make full use of the Monitor. All other resolutions are really just of just academic interest , and intermediate solutions.

If you have a ferrite-ring (sometimes the computer cabinet has one
that all the wires from the front panel leds and buttons goes trough,
like power, reset, hdd and so on), try looping the power cable to the
nvidia kard trough it a couple of times. See this document:
http://www.pearsonelectronics.com/datasheets/technical-literature/Noise%20Suppression%20.pdf

Good point. Might be worth a try, with my new (_old_) Dell HTPC :-) to improve SNR values.

Cheers

- Jarle B.