Re: Re: TDA10086 (TT S-1401) DiSEqC problem

Hello
Hi,

I'm rather new to Linux DVB (well, to DVB-S at all), but I now have a TT
1401 card in my box and was trying

There also is a patch regarding the DiSEqC. I got another patch for
review. I will attach it. Please note that it is reverted.
Can you please test these and report the results. If you say they are ok,
i will integrate them.
The current snapshot (9.12.2006) seems to include the values changed by
this patch. It is more or less impossible to watch TV, because there are
so many biterrors (with szap I see high values for ber and even for unc).

When I revert the patch (I changed to values to the values that were not
commented out in the old part of the diff), I get worse signal strength
and snr, but the value of ber drops to almost zero (sometimes there are
a few biterrors, but that can be due to the weak Astra 2D transponder in
south east Germany), but unc keeps at zero. Watching tv is possible now
without problems. On Astra-19.2 I don't even have biterrors.

I hope this helps, thanks for the great dvb drivers!

Michael

Thanks for the report and sorry for the long delay.
The original patch was reverted, this is what confused you. When i take
this into account, your report is close to what i expected. Meanwhile
i tried to cross check with the windows driver and i came to slightly
different values. I will attach a patch that should apply smoothly
to the current repository. Can you please give this one a try and
report? It patches both, tda10086 and tda8263
I expect that the signal strength still is lower, but also the BER
which is more important.
With this patch my TTs1401 works much better than without.
The BER's are gon and I can receive all channels fine

Why is this patch not in the current hg tree ?

--
Helmut Auer, helmut@xxxxxxxxxxxxx