Re: Problem with TT C1500

Trent Piepho wrote:
> On Wed, 2 May 2007, Robert wrote:
>> I managed to track this down to two things.
>>
>> Firstly if I used the NVIDIA binary drivers, I had this problem, but if
>> I used the "nv" driver I didn't.  For me using the nv driver wasn't
>> really an option (MythTV menus were horribly slow)
>
> I had this same problem (and so did others) with a pcHDTV HD-3000 ATSC card
> receiving QAM-256.  With the nvidia binary driver, graphics activity would
> kill reception, while the nv driver didn't have this problem.  8-VSB
> reception, which doesn't need as high a SNR, is ok with the nvidia driver.
>
> I could run azap and watch the lock and SNR readings.  If nothing was
> happening, they would be ok.  But as soon as I moved a window around
> or started mplayer or scrolled an xterm, the SNR would drop and lock
> would be lost.

Normally the graphics cards do create a lot of noise in the RF spectrum.
If the RF input stages are unshielded (in many cases) the noise from the
VGA cards do get picked up by a nearby DVB card. the noise would depend
on what the Graphics card is doing. You can even make a modulator out of it.

We do even have a case where we can use an nVidia card as a DVB transmitter
It could be noise, It could be a signal from an adjacent DVB card too.