Re: Problem with TT C1500

On Wed, 2007-05-02 at 17:48 +0100, Robert wrote:

> Do you by any change have an NVIDIA graphics card?

I do indeed. Asus Pundit P1 with integrated Nvidia graphics.

> So it seems that somehow the NVIDIA graphics drivers were causing
> interferrence with the DVB-S capture card.
>
> A few things you can try to see if the problem is the same :
>
> 1) Start a recording to disk, wait for 10 seconds, then start playing
> back that file.  See if the first 10 seconds of the recording are
> artifact free, and then artifacts start after 10 seconds have passed
> (when you started using the graphics)
>
> 2) Switch to the nv driver (if you using nvidia) and see if the
problem
> goes away.
>
> 3) Start a recording to disk, and play back an entirely different
> recording - see if you get artifacts.
>
> 4) Check the quality output of szap (or whatever) and see if there is
an
> increased BER, or drop off in signal quality while playing back video.

Thanks for the tips. I'll try this.

You wouldn't by any chance know of any good devices to amplify / clean
DVB signal befor it's fed into the DVB-card ? I tried with an ordinary
antenna amplifier , but that even made my settopbox , which normally
works fine, go bananas too .

- Jarle