Re: possible afatech af9005 bug

Sorry, that doesn't seem to help, I don't see any difference at all. It doesn't seem to hurt either.

Some extra info: I see a lot of "Getting frontend event" and "polling...." from Kaffeine. Especially a lot of "polling....".

Often looks like:

polling....
Getting frontend event
polling....
Getting frontend event
polling....
Getting frontend event
polling....
polling....
polling....
polling....
polling....
polling....

And after some more polling it gives up and tries another frequency where the same thing repeats. Just two times "getting" happens as well. Sometimes more "getting" also happens. But almost always when it is done "getting" it keeps polling for a while before switching to another frequency. Sometimes I get "Invalid section length or timeout : pid=17" or "Invalid section length or timeout : pid=0".

On 762Mhz however I can make a successful scan (reproducable), almost immediatly it starts loading the channels. Takes a few sec and looks like this: polling, getting, polling, getting, polling, getting, Event: Frequency: 762000000 and from there on it starts loading channels normally. The polling/getting seems to go faster here as well. Maybe this makes the problem more clear (or maybe it doesn't, I'm not sure).

P.

Luca Olivetti wrote:
En/na P. van Gaans ha escrit:

For my feeling speed isn't the problem, but where do I increase the timeout?

I just saw that there isn't one in the scan utility, and probably this isn't the (only) problem: I report FE_HAS_LOCK when the af9005 says that it has seen the mpeg sync byte, while I use the tpsd_lock to indicate FE_HAS_CARRIER. Probably FE_HAS_LOCK should depend on both conditions. Try, as a test, in af9005-fe.c, function af9005_fe_read_status, where you see

        if (temp)
                *stat |= FE_HAS_SYNC | FE_HAS_VITERBI | FE_HAS_LOCK;

change the condition to

        if (temp && (*stat & FE_HAS_CARRIER))

and tell me if you can scan this way.

Bye