Re: possible afatech af9005 bug

For my feeling speed isn't the problem, but where do I increase the timeout? I understand it's in the settings with 0.8.4 but my version is older (and I don't want to upgrade before my backup machine is back up. I'm waiting for a new PSU for it). Maybe I'll just wait a while, upgrade then so I get the new Kaffeine. If someone knows if I can also set it somewhere in a configuration file I'll try that first, otherwise I'll just wait.

However I do note scanning takes very long for my feeling, so maybe..

Luca Olivetti wrote:
En/na P. van Gaans ha escrit:

So the bug is: you can't scan for channels with the stick. Well, hardly ever. On some specific frequency I do get results with the Afatech while scanning, but that's just one frequency filled with mostly (worthless) encrypted channels. With the MSI this is no problem, and if I use the channellist from the MSI on the Afatech it also works as expected. Only scanning with the Afatech itself somehow won't work properly.

My Kaffeine version btw is 0.7.1 (will upgrade soon, Ubuntu 6.06), but I feel it shouldn't really matter that much, but to be complete.

Maybe (just maybe) the afatech is slower/too slow to lock on a channel so kaffeine will time-out? Did you try with plain old "scan" and/or raising the timeut (if possible)? I don't remember how I got my channel list, but I think I primed it with scan then vdr did the rest.

Bye