Freecom DVB-T with scrambled vendor ID - possible to fix?

Hi,
  After a power cut this morning, my Freecom 25451-rev.3 (May 2006) DVB-T stick failed to restart - I've since found that this is because its USB ID has changed from 0x14aa:0x0225 to 0x1402:0x0225 - i.e. one byte of the VID has been changed.

  Does anyone know of a tool that can edit the contents of the EEPROM on the 25451, or any of the WideView USB sticks? Freecom are no help ("take it back to where you bought it then") and the supplier doesn't want to know either ("your warranty is with Freecom, not us" - so much for the Sale of Goods Act), so I'm pretty much on my own...

  If I hack the Windows driver .INF files to reflect the new VID, they work fine. The Linux drivers also work insofar as the firmware gets uploaded, but the DVB entries in /dev never get created (I suspect this is an issue with the way I edited the VIDs).

Thanks,
--
Phil.
http://www.philpem.me.uk/