Re: Will this USB DVB-T stick work under Linux?

2. If I did succeed in writing such a driver, would I still face an
issue with firmware? i.e. the stick seems to be loaded (under Windows
XP) with C&E firmware rather than the Hanftek firmware that Linux
loads onto it. Is there any way to get hold of this (C&E) firmware or
to extract it from the Windows drivers?

It uses soft-loading of the FX2 chip it seems - scan your
C:\windows\system32\drivers (or ..\system32 to be safe) for a file
named *.spt (might be called samenameasdriver.spt or something
similar).

That's the firmware in cypress soft-load format.

-tc