Re: cheap USB DVB-T stick (Club3D ZAP-TV240M?)

Hi,

Thanks for your reply. I've seen the Digitelmo for €14,95 a while ago, but I would really like a USB stick.

I wanted to buy the Freecom but was checking out if the seller was reliable - and at the same time he upped the price from €20 to €30. Knowing what profit he makes now I feel less like buying :-(.

Does anyone know if the following device would work: http://www.club3d.nl/index.php/products/zaptv/item/14 (Club3D ZAP-TV240M)? The 250M is supported but twice as expensive.

Pim

Tobias Stoeber wrote:
Hi,

well, I bought my Yakumo ~9 month ago at 39,95 Euro (local "real" super market), the price in Ebay was around 59 Euro at that time, so it was sold out rather quickly. But they got new ones and actually they still have a few in the shelves now.

Regarding Ebay: well, it really depends. There are times where prices are low with a few sellers on different products, a week later prices are high again.

I don'*t know, if the stick is still in production. As there are some fashions of Freecom/Yakumo sticks (to tell you have to look at the usb ids), I can imagine, that maybe a seller has aquired some quantities of an older model to sell for a lower price. In case of linux support, its always wise not to jump to the newest (unsupported) product.

I'm very happy with my Yakumo (ids 14aa:0225 / 14aa:0226), so I can really recommend it.

For an older notebook I purchased a PCMCIA card "Viola DIGITELMO 1", then at also 39 Euro. It it still sold here in local markets for about 69 Euro and in the internet it's "given away" for 24,95 (!)
http://www.pollin.de/shop/detail.php?pg=OA==&a=NzMyOTkyOTk=&w=Mjk4OTM5&ts=0

Unfortunately the linux driver is not complete yet. The windows driver is a mess and the card gains quite some temperature while in use :(

Okay, good luck with your DVB-T experience :)

Tobias

P. van Gaans schrieb:

Thanks! The Freecom used to be very expensive, on eBay too, this must have changed. I hope the sticks themselves are still the same. A while ago I was looking for the Yakumo too, but just when I wanted to buy it was taken of the shelves.

I'll try this.

Tobias Stoeber wrote:

Hi again,

regarding the Freecom Stick, just try Ebay:

http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=170096510925&category=136539 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130096954739&category=136539 http://item.express.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ExpressItem&item=270105845628 http://cgi.ebay.de/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&item=130088651308&category=136539

Regards, Tobias

P. van Gaans schrieb:

I completely lost it here. I'm trying to buy an affordable (max 35 euro) USB DVB-T stick in The Netherlands or Germany. But the wiki is completely outdated and I have no idea how to figure out what stick works. Nothing from the Wiki is on the shelves, apart from the Freecom for 60 euro here and there. The MSI Mega Sky 580, now finally supported, was taken of the shelves yesterday (seriously).

I only have two real requirements: possibility to attach an external antenna, and affordable. And supported by Linux of course. Any suggestions?

Pim