Re: ati hdtv wonder in gentoo amd64

Hi Brett,

Brett Taylor wrote:
> well last night I was successful in getting my card to work ...

In regards to those errors we saw, see btw 20:02-20:10 in the IRC log:
http://www.linuxtv.org/irc/linuxtv/index.php?date=2007-04-11

> Once I had those modules compiled and installed, the card worked
> great.  I still have a few channels that won't get any sound (and I
> tried adding (ac3) to the kaffeine dvb list as was suggested earlier),
> but I do have a handful of channels that work great (QAM).

This might be indicative of that error Mike was thinking about in
cx88-mpeg, but I'm not sure.

Anyway, another test you can try is use azap + mplayer, and add the
audio pid to the command line, but try an aid that is one off the video
pid .... I've seen in the past where people have used an aid one lower
then the vid and find that that is indeed where the audio stream is.

Q: who is your cable provider?