Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] ati hdtv wonder in gentoo amd64

well last night I was successful in getting my card to work, and to get it to tune QAM channels.  I changed back to gentoo sources and upgraded them to 2.6.20-gentoo-r5 (i was on r3 before).  using the kernel modules I could not tune to any channels.  So, I emerged v4l-dvb-hg, which actually emerged this time.  Then CityK walked me through how to use hg and obtain the kernel-sync sources.  Once I had those modules compiled and installed, the card worked great.  I still have a few channels that won't get any sound (and I tried adding (ac3) to the kaffeine dvb list as was suggested earlier), but I do have a handful of channels that work great (QAM).

Thanks for all the help.

Brett

On 4/11/07, Marcel Siegert <mws@xxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
On Wednesday 11 April 2007, Markus Rechberger wrote:

-- snip --
> (didn't read everything here)
>
> but regarding "I cannot emerge v4l-dvb-hg, I get build error"
>
>  /var/tmp/portage/media-tv/v4l- dvb-hg-0.1-r2/work/v4l-dvb/v4l/...
>
> try to compile it in /var/tmp/v4l-dvb instead that long path (so no
> v4l-dvb-hg-0.1-r2), some people had the same problems when checking
> out my repository in strange directorynames (I guess there's something
> wrong with a script but I haven't looked at it, it should work if you
> just compile it in a "sane" directoryname)
>
> Markus
-- snip --

hi,

markus your way would not work on gentoo systems using emerge/portage
to compile sources.

it uses a sandbox. you cant just change the behaviour (ok, there is a way,
but not form "normal" users).

it checks outs sources from repositories, unpacks, configures... everything.

@brett
can try to check out the sources manually and compile them?

regards
marcel