Re: [Bulk] Re: [Bulk] ati hdtv wonder in gentoo amd64

On 4/11/07, Brett Taylor <sweet.brett@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
yes, I was able to pull in video from a few QAM channels using cable
plugged in to the "DTV" port.  The tuner has "DTV" and "Cable".  DTV
is the digital tuner, obviously, and is normally where they (ATI)
want you to plug in the antenna.  I was able to view DTV using the
antenna before when I ran gentoo i686.  I cannot remember what kernel
I was using.

i forgot tha tI still had gentoo 32bit still installed on one of my
partitions, so I logged back in to test out my card.  I was running
2.6.19-gentoo and I was able to tune QAM channels using dvbscan, but
I could not test them with mplayer because it kept saying that it
could not open my dvb device.  azap -r [chan name] worked fine, but i
have no idea which of the 351 channels actually produced video, or
sound.  I don't use that gentoo install because something borked the
hal+usb system so my mouse is supremely lagged and I can't figure out
why, so I was on CLI the entire time.  But again, the us-Cable-HRC-
center-frequencies list produced usable data.

rebooted back in to amd64 w/ vanilla 2.6.20.6, and I still can't tune
any channels, qam with cable or atsc with rf antenna.  but, mplayer
can open the dvb device, but of course errors out when there is no
channels.

I just tried rebuilding v4l-dvb-hg, and it errored out with the same
message as before.  I'm goign to try and revert to the gentoo sources
again to see what happens.

(didn't read everything here)

but regarding "I cannot emerge v4l-dvb-hg, I get build error"

/var/tmp/portage/media-tv/v4l-dvb-hg-0.1-r2/work/v4l-dvb/v4l/...

try to compile it in /var/tmp/v4l-dvb instead that long path (so no
v4l-dvb-hg-0.1-r2), some people had the same problems when checking
out my repository in strange directorynames (I guess there's something
wrong with a script but I haven't looked at it, it should work if you
just compile it in a "sane" directoryname)

Markus

Brett

Markus Rechberger