Re: HVR4000 Support

In message <1a297b360703180432v94b513bj441248b8a59a62c2@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Manu Abraham" wrote:

lo

>On 3/18/07, Darron Broad <darron@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>> In message <1a297b360703180407r63b1e98dj561ae0a0abc8188f@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Manu Abraham" wrote:
>> >On 3/18/07, Darron Broad <darron@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>
>> lo

>> >It is. Take a look at the delsys switch in the stb0899 driver. The
>> >STB0899 depends on the delivery system and the Physical Layer
>> >parameters to decide which modulation to use.
>> >
>> >http://linuxtv.org/hg/~manu/stb0899-c5?f=d6f0bf7681d1;file=linux/drivers/media/dvb/frontends/stb0899_drv.c;sty
>le=
>> >gitweb
>> >The delivery system is sent to the driver, without which
>> >tuning/demodulation is impossible "on any multistandard demod"
>>
>> specifically Steve's driver needs to the delivery system type
>> to be set when calling set_params.
>>
>> it would appear from your code snippet that your driver is
>> setting internal state when peforming a query. surely this
>> is illogical behaviour.
>

>Sorry, nope. Since the IOCTL is RW not R

>#define DVBFE_GET_INFO _IOWR('o', 85, struct dvbfe_info)

please explain why you have chosen a function named GET
to SET internal state.

if you are expecting driver developers amd application programmers
to get confused then this is one way of achieving it.

my statement regarding illogical still holds.

BTW, the unmodded szap only worked for you because it
queried the current state inadvertantly setting internal
state before calling set_params without actually specifying
the correct internal state.

if an application does a query and sets state to DVB-S2
then decides to tune to DVB-S the internal state will
be incorrect.

cya

--

 // /