Re: Problem on SAA7134 Asustek (Tiger or Jayhawk components : 1043:4871) : HELP !

Hartmut Hackmann a écrit :

> Hi, Emmanuel
>
> Emmanuel Quémener schrieb:
>
>> Hartmut Hackmann a écrit :
>>

>>> Hi, Emmanuel

>>> Please use my personal repository for the tests. It is at:
>>> http://linuxtv.org/hg/~hhackmann/v4l-dvb
>>> It does compile on kernel 2.6.20, i have it running here.
>>> Just to be sure:
>>> - if you compiled for another kernel before, you need to
>>>   delete the file v4l/.version
>>> - don't try to merge the files into the kernel, compile them separately
>>>   with make, make install (for the install, you need to be root
>>> - never mix modules with older versions.
>>> - afik, you need to enable the v4l and dvb stuff in the kernel tree.
>>>
>>> Looks like you missed a mail from me, i will just paste it here:
>>>
>>> I had a look at the eeprom dump again: The card should be a copy of the Tiger-S
>>> reference design without radio. So please try this:
>>> Get a copy of my personal repository, compile and install. Then do:
>>>   modprobe saa7134 card=109 secam=l
>>>   modprobe saa7134-alsa
>>>   modprobe saa7134-dvb
>>> This should do it as long as there are not tricks with the windows driver.
>>>
>>> You sould no longer need to load the saa7134-alsa and saa7134-dvb modules
>>> manually.
>>>
>>> Good luck
>>>   Hartmut

>> I've just compiled the modules on a fresh 2.6.20.1 kernel and the output
>> is badly following :
>>
>> saa7134: disagrees about version of symbol videobuf_streamoff
>> saa7134: Unknown symbol videobuf_streamoff
>> saa7134: disagrees about version of symbol videobuf_poll_stream
>> saa7134: Unknown symbol videobuf_poll_stream
>> saa7134: disagrees about version of symbol videobuf_read_stop
>> saa7134: Unknown symbol videobuf_read_stop
>> saa7134: disagrees about version of symbol videobuf_dma_free
>> saa7134: Unknown symbol videobuf_dma_free
>> saa7134: disagrees about version of symbol videobuf_reqbufs
>> saa7134: Unknown symbol videobuf_reqbufs
>> saa7134: Unknown symbol ir_codes_encore_enltv
>> saa7134: disagrees about version of symbol videobuf_waiton
>> saa7134: Unknown symbol videobuf_waiton
>> saa7134: disagrees about version of symbol videobuf_dqbuf
>> saa7134: Unknown symbol videobuf_dqbuf
>> saa7134: disagrees about version of symbol videobuf_queue_init
>> saa7134: Unknown symbol videobuf_queue_init
>> saa7134: Unknown symbol ir_rc5_timer_keyup
>> saa7134: Unknown symbol ir_codes_asus_pc39
>> saa7134: Unknown symbol ir_rc5_timer_end
>> saa7134: disagrees about version of symbol videobuf_dma_unmap
>> saa7134: Unknown symbol videobuf_dma_unmap
>> saa7134: disagrees about version of symbol videobuf_read_stream
>> saa7134: Unknown symbol videobuf_read_stream
>> saa7134: disagrees about version of symbol videobuf_querybuf
>> saa7134: Unknown symbol videobuf_querybuf
>> saa7134: disagrees about version of symbol video_unregister_device
>> saa7134: Unknown symbol video_unregister_device
>> saa7134: disagrees about version of symbol videobuf_qbuf
> [...]
- I've purged my repository : rm ~/v4l-dvb
- I've downloaded a new one : hg clone
http://linuxtv.org/hg/~hhackmann/v4l-dvb
- I've removed the old modules : cd ~/v4l-dvb ; make rmmod ; make rminstall
- I've compiled and installed the new modules : make -j 2 all ; make install
- I've rebooted : on boot the same wrong messages appears

When I've tried manually to unload and load the modules with v4l-dvb
tools (make rmmod ; make insmod), the module saa7134 loaded fine (but
with the wrong parameters).

When I tried to manually remove the modules (rmmod saa7134_alsa
saa7134_dvb and rmmod saa7134), my kernel crashed (I must boot my
machine with noapic and nolapic options) : impossible for me to save the
crashed messages...

When I remove the following modules tuner compat_ioctl32 videodev
ir_kbd_i2c v4l1_compat v4l2_common video_buf ir_common before installing
saa7134 with options card=109 secam=l, the module loads fine, but I
already got the same problem of instability connection. I correct it as
before with launching on boot time a fake scantv in order to correct
gain on analogic tuner.

I don't know what I can do to help you debugging the kernel crash on
unload process...

Bye

EQ