some necessary statements about the personel at linuxtv.org, part 2

Mauro,
I will try to fill the gap:
1. There is no discussion about the necessity of finishing the breakdown for /Documentation/dvb/bt8xx.txt.
2. You can never reduce a maintainer on his personal driver knowledge. Being an honest, appropriate and
accurate maintainer requires some virtues like communication behaviour, accuracy.....
Those are the virtues missing in some parts of linuxtv.org. The utmost dumb excuse for missing those
virtues is: "Never forget that most of us are volunteers."
The facts are:
3. The following cards take Ram-saving advantage by my dst-deselection patch (see bttv cardlist for card IDs
please): 94, 104, 123, 124, 128, 135. There may be other ones too.
None of those cards need the dvb-bt8xx module in connection with the dst or the dst-ca module.
All of them need exclusively the dvb-bt8xx backend module!
In so far Mr. Abrahams current solution compiling dst and dst-ca together with dvb-bt8xx as default option
is crap!
4. As soon as I can see my two contributions in the mainline vanilla we can talk about testing contributions
for incomplete or complete bttv trees. Even if you do not want to understand or listen:
The only acceptible priority setting is FIRST TO optimize the existing driver concept,
THEN take steps for more efficiency, NEVER VICE VERSA!
5. Some corrections (excuse me please):
For testing efforts I can offer the following bttv cards: 11, 94.
Moreover I can offer the following sound chips: SIS AC97 and Intel ICH4 AC97, both addressed by alsa module snd-intel8x0.
So, Mister Mauro Carvalho Chehab, will you please stop your "Chancellor-Hel(l)mut-Kohl-emulation" now (sit out every problem,
but never touching it)? Please add your signature now on my two contributions!

Regards

Uwe