Re: satlight 0.2.6 incompatibilities

-------- Original-Nachricht --------
Datum: Thu, 1 Mar 2007 22:07:47 +0530
Von: "S. Ramesh Babu@Jetz" <srb@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
An: "Uwe Bugla" <uwe.bugla@xxxxxx>
CC:
Betreff: Re: satlight 0.2.6 incompatibilities

> Hi
>
> Thanks for bringing to our attention.  We are arranging to get the Debian
> Etch and will do the needful.
>
> Ramesh

Hi,
Thanks for the late response, but I am faster:
Subject: New adjusted satlight packages for Debian Etch distro February 2007 plus patch

I am using Debian Etch snapshot from February 13, 2007 in connection with the latest kernel 2.6.20.1.
Unfortunately the Debian Etch distro does NOT contain python2.3 anymore.
So please acknowledge the adjusted Debian packages as outline attachments and publish them.
Apart from that I offer a patch against the sourcecode of libdvbdr as outline attachment that
- does the adjustments for python2.4
- does the adjustments for kernel 2.6.20
In fact I managed to compile everything fine, but got some RAM access error when trying to start
satlight. The amazing thing is that the diff for satlight 0.2.6 does not contain any data!
Maybe that's the trouble why the self-compiled satlight utility refuses to work while my Debian packages
run fine under the latest release of Debian Etch.
Can you please manage to publish an appropriate diff for satlight 0.2.6?
Not the correct compilation is in question, but the RAM access error starting satlight. Everything else got fixed by me!
Wonderful utility! Thank You for that!

Yours sincerely

Uwe

(3 outline attachments)