Re: Re: TDA8290/TDA8275 with LNA

Hi, Nico

Nico Sabbi schrieb:
> Nico Sabbi wrote:
>> Hartmut Hackmann wrote:
>>
>>> Hi, Nico

>>> I copy this to the mailing lists because i think this is interesting
>>> for more people.
>>> First: the code went to mainstream yesterday.
>>>
>>> Then i should give some explaination of what this is about:
>>> Many recent cards with the TDA8275a silicon tuner have a preamplifier
>>> (LNA) in front of the tuner chip. It is *not* inside the chip, and
>>> since it costs some cents, it will not be on all recent cards.
>>> This LNA needs to be controlled by the driver. I know about 3 variants
>>> how this is done, currently, the driver doesn't detect the variant
>>> automatically. So there is a new entry for the board configuration in
>>> saa7134-cards.c. Possible values are:
>>> .tuner_config   = 0, : no LNA present. This is the default
>>> .tuner_config   = 1, : with LNA. This config is used on the Pinnacle
>>> 310i
>>> .tuner_config   = 2, : with LNA. This is used on the Philips Tiger-S
>>> reference
>>>                                  design and probably on most others.
>>> .tuner_config   = 3,   with LNA. The new variant. Not sure who uses
>>> this.
>>> There is an entry with the same meaning for the tda10046 configuration
>>> in saa7134-dvb.c
>>> I should add that the configurations 1 and 3 are untested. I am quite
>>> sure that 1 is right but not so sure about config 3.
>>

>> on a fresly compiled 2.6.20 + a fresh hg pull, after having set
>> .tuner_config=2 in lifeview_trio_config  I got:
>>
>> saa7133[0]/alsa: saa7133[0] at 0xf3115000 irq 21 registered as card -1
>> tda1004x: setting up plls for 48MHz sampling clock
>> tda1004x: found firmware revision 29 -- ok
>> BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 6b6b6b6b
>>  printing eip:
>> e0f2713b
>
> same crash without my change; it seems that 2.6.20 and saa7134-dvb don't
> get alone at all

Thats really strange, i have 2.6.20 running here too and i can't reproduce
this yet.
If i understand the dump right, the crash occurs in a function that has
been called a hundred times before...
I have the impression that the crash did not occur during driver initialization
but in an application. Is that right? Which one was it?
Can you please load the tda1004x module with the option debug=1?

Hartmut