Re: Re: TDA8290/TDA8275 with LNA

Nico Sabbi wrote:
Hartmut Hackmann wrote:

Hi, Nico

Nico Sabbi schrieb:

Hi
I've just noticed that in your tree there's support for the
pre-amplifier of some Philips cards.
Does the Lifeview Trio already use your new code? Or do I need to add
support for it?

I copy this to the mailing lists because i think this is interesting
for more people.
First: the code went to mainstream yesterday.

Then i should give some explaination of what this is about:
Many recent cards with the TDA8275a silicon tuner have a preamplifier
(LNA) in front of the tuner chip. It is *not* inside the chip, and
since it costs some cents, it will not be on all recent cards.
This LNA needs to be controlled by the driver. I know about 3 variants
how this is done, currently, the driver doesn't detect the variant
automatically. So there is a new entry for the board configuration in
saa7134-cards.c. Possible values are:
.tuner_config   = 0, : no LNA present. This is the default
.tuner_config   = 1, : with LNA. This config is used on the Pinnacle 310i
.tuner_config = 2, : with LNA. This is used on the Philips Tiger-S reference
                                 design and probably on most others.
.tuner_config   = 3,   with LNA. The new variant. Not sure who uses this.
There is an entry with the same meaning for the tda10046 configuration
in saa7134-dvb.c
I should add that the configurations 1 and 3 are untested. I am quite
sure that 1 is right but not so sure about config 3.

on a fresly compiled 2.6.20 + a fresh hg pull, after having set .tuner_config=2 in lifeview_trio_config I got:

saa7133[0]/alsa: saa7133[0] at 0xf3115000 irq 21 registered as card -1
tda1004x: setting up plls for 48MHz sampling clock
tda1004x: found firmware revision 29 -- ok
BUG: unable to handle kernel paging request at virtual address 6b6b6b6b
 printing eip:
e0f2713b

same crash without my change; it seems that 2.6.20 and saa7134-dvb don't get alone at all

--
"Without a frontend, mplayer is useless" - someone in mplayer-users