Re: stb0899 troubles

On Saturday, 24. February 2007 08:55, Manu Abraham wrote:
> Did you use the patches or the tarball ? (You shouldn't see this issue
> if you are using the tree) If you used the patches, change MINOR
> VERSION from 1 to 2 in version.h and you are ahead. (Forgot to push in
> the version patch) will need to push in that as well.

I used the patches -- and increasing the version surely does help.

I'm still getting
FE_DISEQC_SEND_MASTER_CMD failed: Connection timed out

but that doesn't seem to matter (there's only 1 satellite connected anyway and
that happens to be on diseqc 0), I actually see some useful output
in /dev/dvb/adapter0/dvr0.

Tuning works, so does recording stuff through DMX_SET_PES_FILTER (input =
DMX_IN_FRONTEND, output = DMX_OUT_TS_TAP, flags = DMX_IMMEDIATE_START).

I'm having some problem reading the NIT though (the app works correctly with a
normal DVB-S card --
struct dmx_sct_filter_params f;
memset(&f, 0, sizeof(dmx_sct_filter_params));
memset(&f.filter.filter, 0, DMX_FILTER_SIZE);
memset(&f.filter.mask, 0, DMX_FILTER_SIZE);
memset(&f.filter.mode, 0, DMX_FILTER_SIZE);
f.pid = 0x10;
f.timeout = 10000;
f.filter.filter[0] = 0; // we want all tables
f.filter.mask[0] = 0;
f.flags = DMX_IMMEDIATE_START|DMX_CHECK_CRC;
ioctl(fd, DMX_SET_FILTER, &f);

At that point, there is much less traffic on the fd than with a "normal" card,
and some of it is bogus.
Any ideas about this (or is there something I'm doing wrong in the code)?
(Turning off DMX_CHECK_CRC seems to restore the data amount to normal -- so
it's probably broken packets getting dropped by the CRC check).

Thanks,
bero