Re: [RFC] Should a DVB frontend report the board name?

hermann pitton wrote:
> Hi,
>
> Am Mittwoch, den 07.02.2007, 10:07 +0400 schrieb Manu Abraham:
>> On 2/7/07, hermann pitton <hermann-pitton@xxxxxxxx> wrote:
>>> Hi!
>>> and the the cinergyT2 seems not to have a maintainer anymore.
>> Is it broken or something like that ? unfortunately i don't have any
>> hardware to test the same. If there are some users out there, who can
>> provide feedback on the status, most probably it can be fixed in case
>> it is broken.
>
> Marc reported it non functional on Ubuntu 6.10 with its 2.6.17 kernel.
> On FedoraCore6 it worked for him.
>
> Thierry from the video4linux usbvision project seems to be the only one
> else on the lists currently with such a device. He confirmed it working
> on vanilla 2.6.17.13 and even tested on vanilla 2.6.17.10, works.
> The current v4l-dvb on this older kernels is not yet tested for it.
>
> After it seemed there was also some precompiled module involved, I
> thought we found it. Marc is now back with a clean install of v4l-dvb
> and still doesn't get it to work since three weeks now.

hi,

i don't know if i'm getting on the right track. i missed the beginning
of this thread.

i see you speak of the cynergy T2. i do have it, so i can test any
v4l-dvb tree, provided with some time.

for example, i just tested this tree:

  http://linuxtv.org/hg/v4l-dvb?ca=a8819e65be60;type=bz2

on my vanilla kernel 2.6.18 on debian/unstable (i can provide the kernel
config, if useful) the cinergy T2, with this tree, works:

  usbcore: registered new driver cinergyT2
  usb 5-5: USB disconnect, address 7
  usb 5-2.1: new high speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 8
  usb 5-2.1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice
  DVB: registering new adapter (TerraTec/qanu USB2.0 Highspeed DVB-T
Receiver).

let me know if i need to try something else..

bye

andrea venturi