Re: Re: TDA10086 (TT S-1401) DiSEqC problem

Hi,

With your patch the BER is equal to zero now on my 1401.

Thanks

On 1/11/07, Michael Vistein <michael@xxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
Hi Hartmut,

Hartmut Hackmann schrieb:
> to the current repository. Can you please give this one a try and
> report? It patches both, tda10086 and tda8263
> I expect that the signal strength still is lower, but also the BER
> which is more important.

I would really like to test this patch, but I do not own the TT-1401
card any longer.
The reception was no real problem (besides the wrong display), I had
excellent signal quality even from Astra 2D.
But I did not succeed in getting my DiSEqC configuration to work. I
applied the patch from Andreas, which helped me to be able to scan
Position B at least. But during regular use, it failed switching the
DiSEqC switch sometimes, I could not manage to find out which
circumstances this were. I think in around 30% of tries the wrong LNB
got selected, afterwards the card locked into the transonder with same
frequency, but of course that is of no real use. As my dealer offered me
to exchange the card with an TechniSat SkyStar2 (card was not yet 2
weeks old), I simply accepted this offer and I don't regret, as I can
now always watch the right channel ...

Maybe this can be of help: On Astra-19.2E (Pos B) I was never able to
watch RAI I, Sky News, BBC World, Sky News, DW-TV with MythTV. After
trying to watch such a channel, I never could tune to Das Erste, but
tuning to BBC 1 London almost always succeeded. After watching a BBC
channel, sometimes I could switch back Das Erste (or another channel on
Pos B)

Thanks for your investigations and support,

Michael Vistein