Re: Recommended device list (Was Re: freecom dvb-t USB: use of radio and stream)

John Martin wrote:
On Sunday 14 January 2007 18:19, lynx.abraxas@xxxxxxxxxx wrote:
Is there a list of recommended devices to buy?
Can I echo this? I would like to buy a DVB-S receiver, with CAM for Sky, preferably USB 2.0, but PCI/PCIe is also OK. However, trawling the website and list for details of a 'good' device or device combination is not easy. I appreciate that there is a large number of variables to consider, but assuming that people are prepared to recompile (bits of) the kernel, then it should be possible to formulate a list of known good devices? If that is not possible, then can someone recommend me a DVB-S receiver, with a CAM that works with Sky?

I would also be interested to know which DVB-S card(s) are considered "the best" as I've been having so much trouble trying to get my HVR3000 to work reliably and I'm starting to get fed up with it! Some days it works, some days it doesnt. Szap / mplayer seem to work, but mythtv doesn't (but thats another thread - probably on another list ;-) )

Robert.