Re: HVR3000 Analogue tuner problems

On Sun, January 7, 2007 10:09 pm, Simon Bazley wrote:
> Robert Longbottom wrote:
>  > The key for me when rmmoding and modprobing is getting the following
>> line to appear in dmesg :
>>
>>     tda9887 2-0043: tda988[5/6/7] found @ 0x43 (tuner)
>>
>> Until I've got that, the tuner doesn't work properly.  I also have the
>> following in my modules.conf:
>>
>>     options cx88xx i2c_scan=1
>>
>> I'm not sure if it makes any difference of not.  But it might be worth a
>> try.
>
> Great, I tried that and eventually it worked.
> I I created a file (cx88) in /etc/modules.d with the options line in it,
> rmmoded tuner followed by modprobing it back and nothing,
> So I unloaded a load of modules (trying to work back to unload cx88xx, but
> not getting that far) and ran this:-
>
> rmmod tuner; sleep 5; modprobe tuner; dmesg |grep tda
>
> And magically after 5 seconds:-
> [17201706.416000] tda9887 2-0043: tda988[5/6/7] found @ 0x43 (tuner)

Interesting.  I'll have to try that in my startup script.  I have that
rmmod && modprobe twice in there, but it still doesn't always work.

> Then I managed to run scantv and pick up everything I expected to, great.
>
> Looking back I had unloaded tuner cx88xx cx8802 and cx8800

That rings a bell.  I think I usually need to unload cx88_alsa and
cx88_dvb as well.

> I'll reboot in a bit and try again without your modules file and see if
> that in important or not.

You'll have to report back the results.  I know the HVR3000 developer
Steve Toth follows this list.  I'm sure I've tried in the past messing
around with module options, but it still seemed random to me whether it
detected the tuner or not.

Robert.