Re: Fw: Problem with Kworld ATSC-110

Michael Rice wrote:
>> From: Dwaine Garden <dwainegarden@xxxxxxxxxx>
>> Date: Fri, 5 Jan 2007 02:46:22 -0800 (PST)
>>
>> This week I should have (hopefully) the final ir remote patch completed.
>>
>> I'm going to fix up the patch and let people on the list take a look
>> at it.   I have learned that it's better to have  a couple of eyes
>> take a look before submission.
>
> After just applying a variant of Henry Wong's patch for my Kworld
> (Global TV) Terminator I am interested in making sure it finally gets
> into the kernel.  There are three (maybe more?) known boards that need
> this KS003/KS007 functionality: MSI TV@nywhere, Kworld ATSC-110, Kworld
> Terminator.  Will your patch handle all these?  Can it be parameterized
> somehow so when we find more boards like this we won't need another patch?

[snip]

> So I am hoping we are on track to take care of all three with one
> patch?  If I can be of help in this let me know.

NO.

It has been long enough that this patch has been waiting to be applied to the
repository, lets not introduce further complications.

Let Dwaine work on the ATSC110, we will apply the patch for the single card
only.  After that gets applied, then we can work on the other cards.

You will notice that once the ATSC110 patch for the KS003/KS007 is merged into
the repository, that the additional patches required for the other cards will be
much smaller, and trivial -- they will probably be applied rather quickly.

If you tangle too many changes into a single patch, it makes it much more
difficult to review, and the less of a chance that there will be for the patch
to be applied in a reasonable time frame.

side note to Dwaine:  It would be nice if we could give Henry Wong the credit
that he deserves for his original patch, somehow in your newer cleaned up patch.
 Perhaps you should cc him when you submit your final patch, and ask him to add
his s-o-b along with your own.  I believe that Henry Wong has already provided
an s-o-b with one of his older patches, but unfortunately those were never
applied.  If we are not able to reach Henry, then we should at least put
somewhere in the description of the changeset something to the effect of,
"KS003/KS007 support based on the original work by Henry Wong"

Cheers,

Michael Krufky